Sunday, July 21, 2013

Evernote

Evernote is pretty much a notebook, but a lot more organized and digital. I have not used this app yet in my classroom, but I wanted to share how I am going to use it this year. You can make folders with many notes and add pictures and videos. So what I am going to do is use this to for my Guided Reading notes when I meet with my groups. I am able to make a note for each student and continue to add to the note. I can record the student reading and refer back to it or show it to parents to report progress. I can take pictures of the books so that I always know what books we have read in our group and my notes are always there. I will date my notes and add to them throughout the year. I also think this is going to be great to show my reading coach especially if I have questions for her. This is a short tutorial, but there is much more you can do with the app. Let me know if you have used it and if so how? A teacher at my school started this late in the year last year and I am excited to have it instead of a big notebook with lots of papers!

3 comments:

  1. Conceptually this is very cool! I am trying so hard to go digital but I am still a lover of notebooks and fresh pens! I like the idea of using it for Guided Reading Notes. That will be so helpful to you.I look forward to your update once school starts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea of using digital notes instead of the thick binders for guided reading groups. I find it such a pain to get all the tabs in with students names and then when students move, and new ones come in make it even more of a pain. I am totally going to learn more about Evernote. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using Evernote in my class. I use it for note keeping for each of my classes such as what I need to cover again for a specific class, or if I didn't get to something in a class and I need to make sure I get to it the next day. I have 6 notebooks one for each class. I also put important conference information in a notebook as well as any notes I take in any of my meetings.

    ReplyDelete